Tuesday 13 March 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter four

So when I said it changed everything I didn't mean in a bad way, in fact I felt healed as if there was no more sadness and hurt anymore. I was no longer that girl that got ditched at the alter I was wanted and I was happy, Flynn made me happy. It was nice to be greeted with kisses and cuddles and not a stack of paperwork to sign, also this time there was a passion.

So were we going out? Were we officially a couple? Honestly no, we weren't and I had no intention of being. Flynn felt the same, we are more like friends with benefits then anything else. I wasn't ready to date just yet but I knew I soon would be and I knew Flynn would understand that. 

"Your doing what!"

Mel was so surprised that she missed her footing and slipped on the treadmill, in was our weekly gym session and I had a lot to tell her.

"It's not a big deal"
"Your sleeping with Flynn"

She pulled herself up and began running again, she was quiet as she thought through what I just told her. I saw her as an expert at relationships and she was the first person I talked to about any maybe partners.

"Ok, I've thought this through and I think it might work out well"
"Good I'm glad, now let's hit the weights"

I rushed to the weights and began pumping iron as they say, Mel just casually strolled over and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Since when do we do weights?"

I huffed out my explanation, but she didn't excepted it.

"We never work out this long"
"I've just gain a bit more weight over the past few weeks"

She suddenly gasped,
"You don't think you might be pregnant?"

I froze, fingers gripped on to the bars and my eyes popped out of my head. Pregnant? No, noway could I be pregnant. I began calculating dates and had the sickly feeling appear when I realised I could actually be pregnant. 

Running to the pharmacy, running to the flat and running into the bathroom. I sat on the lip of the bath while Mel gave me the 'you should of been more careful' lecture, I broke into a quiet panic. What about work? What about my career? What about Flynn!

I looked down ashamed, why was I so stupid? Mel saw my face and bit her bottom lip.

"Hon I'm sorry it will be all right...the test is done do you want me to read the result?"

I nodded, it was the only thing I could do. I didn't want to see the result, if I'm upset that I am pregnant will that make me a bad mother? Oh I'm so confused. 

Mel went to the sink and picked up the test, she began mumbling something and checking the back of the box. Then she took out the leaflet from inside and checked that as well, I ran my cold, sweaty hands over my warm legs over and over.

"Ok, you ready?"

My head shot up, I was as ready as I'll ever be.

That night I put off telling the news, Flynn kissed me like always and then I suddenly remembered and pushed him off. I felt weird, as if I was hurting him.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant Flynn, I'm pregnant with your baby",
"For real?"

I looked up at him from under my eyelashes embarrassed, I nodded slowly with a small hopeful smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment