Monday 5 March 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter three

The thing about the city is there are a lot of places to get a drink. Pubs, Bars, Clubs and Lounges all served alcohol and all gave me somewhere to go at anytime of the day, when one closed or kicked me out another opened and welcomed me. Maybe I was becoming a bit of an alcoholic but it wasn't like I had a big problem.

Did I like the taste? No, but I liked the numbness, the warmth and the way it made you forget. How I needed to forget and escape the memories of Michel and what he has done to me, it was way to get me out the house and to forget. Also drinking is social so if I met a client at a bar and ordered myself a few glasses of wine no one even cared.

"Sorry hon you've had enough I think you should go home"

I cursed under my breath, why couldn't he see that in actual fact I haven't had enough. This was the last club on my list and it was only two in the morning, I had hoped to stay out until at least four. I batted my eyelids and tried one more time for one last drink, he just shook his head again.

I got off my stool and turned around only to see Flynn, yeah my Flynn playing the guitar in the corner. Did he work here? I didn't even know he had a job.
"Flynn?"

My voice was slurred and when he looked up he looked very disappointed, what was he my father? He told the other clubbers he was taking a break and pulled me into a seating booth.

"Ocean your drunk! Hold on is this what you've been doing every night and wearing skirts that short, this won't make you feel better you know!"

If I wasn't drunk that would of hurt, in fact it did hurt just not as much as it would of done if I was sober. Still I tried to put my arm around and gave him a drunk smile to let him know it was in fact all good.

Then I had another great idea to pounce on him and snog him! He must of been shocked as he didn't push me off, in fact I think he kissed me back. Either way soon we were both kissing each other more and more and I felt good, better than good I felt amazing. Maybe instead of drinking to forget I should of been kissing to forget.

We pulled a part a little bit and looked at each other, he wasn't that sober either I could taste the alcohol on his breath as we kissed. Still he was only looking out for me, like he has always done since we met.

"Why don't we go back to the flat?"
 
I woke up my head killing I rolled over and saw Flynn, why was he in my bed? Then I remembered, what have I done I've ruined everything! He woke up and smiled,

"Morning"
"Ummmm yeah morning"

I shrank in the covers and became embarrassed,

"Did we ummm...forget it stupid question"

Never ever drinking again, why did I have to go and ruin things. I got up and grabbed the shirt Flynn gave me as a nightdress, I slipped it on and walked to the bathroom.

When I came back he was lying on top of a made bed in his underwear, I had to ask the question in my head.

"This doesn't change anything dose it?"

He just smiled and I realised it changed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment