Thursday 8 September 2011

Cassiopeia Wise-Owl Chapter twelve

I told Venus the new first she was over the moon, she asked if she could touch my stomach and she started talking to the baby.
"Oh mum this will be so cool!"
"You've seen babies before, Skye and the twins"
"I know but I was too young really to remember and this time I could be there at the birth"

I made a face, I didn't like the idea of Venus being there while I shouted and swore as the baby was being born.

"We'll see about that"

I told the twins next, they sat down in there bedroom watching TV and I slipped it in.
"Saturn, Jupiter your going to have a baby brother or sister"

They didn't say anything, they looked at each other once and continued watching TV.

"Are you ok with that? I won't love you any less you know"
"We know"

They spoke at the same time and that was it, they didn't say anything else.

Then I went over to Skye, he was playing another sports game. He is always on the computer or out playing sports, it's hard to get through to him but then again he is a teenage boy.

"Skye did you hear that? Your going to be a brother again"
"Yeah I heard"

Well at least Venus is excited about the new baby.

As the I got to my third trimester my maternity leave was well on it's way and I was a bit bored. I loved having time off to spend with the children and Mars but there is only so meny daytime TV shows you can take. I am getting use to my daily two hour, sometimes longer, bubbled bath. Baby and I love are soak in the tub, well I'm guessing he or she dose as he or she kicks.

Venus had her prom so got all dressed up. She is still very shy and hates having her picture taken, I think her eyes are closed in all the photos I took. She hasn't got a date but she doesn't care, she says you don't need a guy to be happy and she can't disagree to that. I wonder how she got so smart?

Well of course this would happen wouldn't it! Venus is at her prom, the twins at a birthday sleepover and Mars took Skye to a football game. I stupidly said 'I'll be fine' and went to have an early night and now I'm in labor. I had to phone an ambulance and be helped down the stairs, while everyone in the other flats looking out to see what was going on. Embarrassing!

So, meet Neptune. My new little baby boy, I woke up in a hospital bed to the family around me. The frist year was tough, I thought bad nights of sleep were finally behind me. Skye was at the libary a lot to study in peace, the twins we always at the park and Mars at work. Venus was there though, she is amazing she gets up to feed him and dosen't mind changing him either.

Like tonight, she is happy to be late to a party to help out with Neptune.

"Your just like a proper mum Venus"
"You think?"
"Yes, just don't have children too young like me"
"Oh mum you were twenty-one that's not that young"

She put Neptune down and started swaying, I knew she wanted something.

"Mum, do you think my grades are good enough to go to medical school?"
"Yes, why are you going to be a doctor?"

I started daydreaming that I was bragging in the playground how my eldest was a doctor, that would show them. Some of the parents don't really like me and keep bragging how good and talented their kids are compared to mine.

"No, I was thinking more of a midwife"

So the twins grew up, I still don't really know how to tell them apart. I mean Saturn I think is on the left...could be the right though...Ok I don't know. But, they dress alike, look alike and have the same haircut. It's hard to tell them apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment