Friday 9 September 2011

Cassiopeia Wise-Owl Last chapter

The old lady who lived bellow us unfortunately died, so new neighbors followed. I went down to give them a hand unpacking and was surprised to see some Berries, they usually stay in Sugar Valley and stay there. They mother introduced herself as Sigh Blue.

"Well what brings you here out of Sugar Valley? Not that I have anything wrong with Berries, my husband's grandma was a Berry and my best friend's wife's farther was a Berry"

They laughed, some people around here aren't use to seeing Berries and give them a hard time.
"Well there just isn't work in Sugar Valley anymore and then my husband left me, I decided to move to get work. I got a job at the five star restaurant around the corner"

"Wow I know where to come for food, what about you young man how old are you?"

"Just starting high school after the weekend"

That night I couldn't sleep, so as usual when that happens I went to the balcony. I was surprised to see one of the twins there.
"Hey...Saturn?"
"Yes Mum it's Saturn"
"Sorry, but you to look so alike, anyway what's up?"

She sighed and looked down.

"Honey you know you can tell me anything?"

"It's just that, I don't think I'll be very good as a Wise-Owl"
"Why do you say that?"
"Well, it's hard thinking I'm carrying on the family name and it's up to me to carry it on"
"Your brothers and sisters will also carry it on"
"I know..."

I lent in close and whispered in her ear.
"I felt the same, I thought no way I don't want the pressure of carrying on a name like Wise-Owl. My parents kept saying how we were related to Dukes, naval officers and important people. I thought whoa hold on I'm young I want to have fun not think about my biological clock ticking away"

She started laughing and I laughed with her.

"But, then my Mum told me something"

she looked up, her face serious like mine.
"what?"
"A wise old owl once said, mistakes are only mistakes if you don't learn from them"

"Thanks Mum"

I hugged her and then she went off to bed, I suddenly felt very tied and went to bed as well.

Venus and I got up extra early. Her letter from medical school was due to arrive and we were all hoping she was accepted, it would be all that work in her exams was for something. Her hand reached in,  frantically passing me bills and letters of nothing important. Then she stopped and tore open a letter and read it, over and over again.

Her hand flew down, her face emotionless.
"Well?"

No reply. I got worried but I couldn't show that I needed to be strong and so she didn't stress or panic.

"Come on darling it's ok if you didn't get in..."
"Didn't get in!"

I stopped talking as she put her hands up to keep me quiet.

"Who said anything about not getting in, they said they would be honored if someone with as high marks as me went to their school. Mum, I'm going to medical school!"

Of course I screamed and hugged her so tight she complained.

Soon after she left, in her new car that Mars and I brought for her. Ok it isn't new but it works and she was pleased with it and if she wasn't she didn't show it. I was in tears and so was Mars and Aqua came over and hugged her. Aqua and I said how proud and pleased Pi would be and I know he would be. Venus hugged us all and then left, I feel a little empty but very happy. 

The next problem was Skye. He missed Venus, his coach said he wasn't good enough at sport to carry it on and his grades were slipping fast. Mars talks to him as he won't talk to me, which is a bit upsetting I'm not going to lie. Mars said he doesn't know what to do with his life as sport was his life, so we booked him to see a Careers Adviser to help him out.

Dispite the struggled my family is well and I love them all, I hope my children have the best life they can. Whatever happens I'm sure we can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment