Monday 26 September 2011

Saturn Wise-Owl Chapter two

So it was the day of the camping trip and mum was giving us a lecture about safety, I am pretty sure she thinks her backpacking days with dad and a camping trip are the same thing. As if I mean like we would get up to all the things her and dad did! Great now I've just creeped myself out.

"Now off you go or you'll miss the bus"

My twin and I raced down the stairs to meet Bluebell.

It was getting chilly as winter was setting in but the teachers still insisted that we just have sleeping bags to be one with nature! Jupiter also made herself team leader and began instructing us what to do, while moaning how rubbish the trip is!

"So Bluebell is camping living up to your standards?" She teased.
"Ok, ok fine it isn't as good as I thought"

She still rubbed it in, I couldn't stand it. Not everyone understood my twins humor like I did, I knew she was only joking but to other people it hurt their feelings.
"Come on twin stop teasing"
"Fine, anyway Saturn I...erm need to tell you something. Walk with me?"

I nodded and walked way from the group with her, did I see her and Bluebell blush?


"So what's up?"

She giggled, she never giggled. This was bad I prepared my self for the worst. She put a hand to my ear and her breath tickled my skin, she bit her lip then pressed her cold nose on my cheek to whisper her secret.

"I have a crush"

My world shattered. My twin has a crush, when I think I have a crush and if my suspicions are correct we both have a crush on, Bluebell. I gave a weak smile and then went to help get firewood.

"Ok everyone let's get into our sleeping bags!"

So with some groans and a few detentions given we all snuggle down in our sleeping bags. I had a swirl of questions and thoughts and worries went through my mind. I heard the snores of my twin and the rest of my class, I tried to get to sleep but then Bluebell woke me up and took me to the more wooded area. 

"Sorry about the whole kidnap thing but I need to talk to you"
"Sure whats up"

The cold night wind was picking up and making me sleepy.

"Saturn, your the best person I've ever met. Well, there is Jupiter but I think your better then her more kinder and sweeter. You don't mind standing up to your own twin when you think she's hurt me and that must hurt you, going against your twin"

He carried on saying such sweet things about me, I felt sky high and I couldn't help but give a sleepy smile and look away. If it wasn't for the coldness I would of gone red.

He took my hand and just like that day on the beach electricity buzzed around me. Gazing into his eyes I felt so awake and alive, I smiled from ear to ear. Mouth moved telling me more thinks that I thought were so romantic and loving.

Then he pulled in to kiss me and I didn't even think I pressed my lips on to his and my body warmed and buzzed even more, my first kiss. Then I remembered my twin's confession that she had a crush and if that crush is as I thought Bluebell then how would she feel? I felt sick, guilty and selfish.

I pulled away quickly and looked away.
"What's wrong?"

I looked back and Bluebell looked so crushed that I felt even worse, why is this happening! I sighed and told the truth confidently, being brutally honest. That's what Jupiter and I were famous for, our teachers said we should be police women seen as we were honest and never missed anything.

"Listen Bluebell, I really like you there is a buzz whenever we touch but if us being together hurts my twin, who might have a crush on you, then we can't be together she comes first and if that hurts your feelings then I'm sorry and it will tear me apart too but my family comes first"

Then I left, zipped myself in my sleeping bag and fell asleep.

"Why won't you just tell me who you have a crush on Jupiter?"

Mum wanted to go shopping and Jupiter and I convinced her to let us have a hair cut. Of course we both had to have the same style done, it's a twin thing.

Bluebell and I have spoken, well we do live in the same building, he understands and says when we find out what's going on we'll sort it out. He is so understanding, so now I am trying to find out who my twin's crush is.

Jupiter laughed,
"No twin, you'll find out who it is at the pool today"

I looked at her confused,
"Were going to the pool today?"

My twin nodded and clapped her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment