Saturday 3 September 2011

Cassiopeia Wise-Owl Chapter eleven

I felt so bad I had to go home, I phoned Mars to tell him what was happening. When I got in he gave me a bunch of red roses, they smelt amazing.

"Right, I've booked you a doctor's appointment so you have a bath and just lay down"

I looked at him and smiled, I felt so bad. Now he was going to have to pick the children up, give them dinner, get them to bed and go to work. While I was going to sleep and soak in the bath.

I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.

"You are the best husband I've ever had"
"I'm the only husband you've ever had"
"Take the complement and go pick the children up"


So I got a lovely bubble bath, a selection of rented DVDs, flowers, chocolate and was allowed to stay in my pyjamas. I even got dinner brought in on a tray by Venus and a Get Well Soon card from the twins, even Skye came in and watched a Eat, Pray, Love with me.

When Mars came in from work he was so teird bless him, I snuggled up close to him.

"You are a star"
"No dear I'm a planet and the Roman god of war"

I laughed but he just gave a sleepy smile.

I leaned in and gave him a big kiss, I just hope I didn't give my illness by kissing him.

"Thanks, can I sleep now?"

I playfully punched him on the arm and then lay down to get to sleep.

The next day I plodded in to my class, smile on my face and my flowers on the desk.

"Morning class, today we are learning about..."

It went on and on and even though I still felt rough, I felt quiet better. I was half way through a class when my phone began to ring.

"Excuse me class"

I went to the back of the classroom and picked it up.
"Hello, Cassiopeia Wise-Owl speaking"
"Hello Mrs Wise-Owl, this is Mrs Frost from the hospital just confriming your appointment"
"Oh yes, it's this afternoon isn;t it?"
"Yes this afternoon at 3:30, is that a problem?"
"No, no problem see you there. good bye"
"Have a nice day, bye"


To be honest I'm am scared to the core, I hate hospitals. That's why I was all for home birth, no need for hospitals. Mars had said he would go with me but I told him to catch up on his sleep. Come on now Cass, you want to get better don't you? I sighed and walked in.

When I came out I was shocked, I couldn't belive my ears. The doctor kept talking but it fell on deaf ears, I just didn't think it would happen to me. I mean come on it's not like I had really had any tests done before this, I guess I should of seen it coming then. I mean the signs were there, I should of took the test. 

"Hey honey, what did the doctor say?"

I didn't know how to tell him, so I bultered it out.

"Mars, I have a baby inside me. We are going to have five children after all"

No comments:

Post a Comment