Friday 21 October 2011

Saturn Wise-Owl Chapter six

It's five am but it's clear I'm not getting to sleep again. Teal is having a bad night screaming his head off at the smallest of issues, lucky for Bluebell he is away getting a interview with a famous French actress. It's times like these I wonder where did the year go? I played the events of last year...

In November I got married, I was still nineteen and I was getting married! My dress picked, my hair done and the location booked. The only problem was that Jupiter went into labour early yesterday morning, she was a month early but the doctors assured us her and the baby was fine. She told me to carry on and to get married, so I did.

Our parents watched in joyful glee. Mum's third child was married and she was having a bit of a mid-life crisis that she getting too old, Dad still going strong and Sigh had become one of the top five chefs in the city! Everything was just perfect.
 
As we kissed we became legally man and wife, I never imagined that my first boyfriend would be my last. How rare is that! It seemed my life was on the right track, I had a house and now a husband. I had even managed to get a part-time job at the local daycare centre.

Neptune and I have become really close lately, it must be weird for him being the youngest. All his siblings have moved out now, Jupiter moved in with her new boyfriend David last month. There isn't a big age gap between me and him, I can still remember my school day as if they were yesterday and so I could still laugh at the school jokes and not find them stupid or immature.

Then there was our wedding night as husband and wife. I remembered that very well! I was on cloud nine, nothing could of spoilt that day. It could of been better if my twin was there but what can you do, I made sure to visit her the next day to tell her all about it. She was very angry that she missed it.

It was still weird waking up next to Bluebell, having him hold my hand and then say very sleepily

"Good morning wife"

It was also felt strange me saying back, automatically

"Good morning husband"

About three weeks later I decided to do two important things, write thank you notes to everyone with included photos of the wedding. The second thing I decided to do was more of a secret. I waited until Bluebell left to get the shopping and then I rushed to do the task.

I waited for him to come back and he saw instantly there was something wrong.
"What's up love?"

I felt anxious, nervous and a bit scared. He needed to know though so the words spilled out of my mouth, I bit my lip once I said them.

"I'm pregnant"

He ran up and scooped me up, jumping me up and down. We screamed and squealed all night, he never put me down saying that he was going to take extra special care of me and that meant never letting me walk again. We phoned everyone, wrote it on the Internet, E-mailed and Bluebell even declared it in the local newspaper.

When we got the crib we debated.
"Do you think it's to blue? What if it's a girl?"
"It will be a boy"
"All fathers say that Bluebell"
"I think it will be fine"
"Are you sure"

I visited Koi and Jupiter frequently to ask about pregnancy and child birth. Koi with her son Basa and her daughter Squid told me that children we the best thing in have but she added she won't be having anymore. Jupiter with her son Union said that no matter how bad things may me you always love them.

Then my bump became huge and my due date loomed over me, I was excited and petrified. Would it hurt? Would something go wrong? Have I done something wrong? I tried not to think about it doing anything to keep my mind off it. 

Still my due date came and I found my self with my water's broken and the contractions coming thick and fast. My mum, Bluebell, Jupiter and Venus all were there after I gave birth waiting to see their grandson or nephew. Yes I had a boy.

So here I am approaching my twentieth birthday with a wedding ring on my finger and a beautiful boy on my hip. Teal looks a lot like his father that's for sure, I just hope people are more excepting of Berries nowadays. Especially as Bluebell and I are hoping to have another one soon...

1 comment: