Saturday 29 October 2011

Saturn Wise-Owl Chapter seven

"Hold on"

It was Sunday morning and someone was banging on my door, luckily Teal wasn't asleep. I went as quick as I could down the stairs with Teal on my hip, I wondered who it could be. Hundreds of bad ideas rushed in my head, I prayed it was something good.

"Mum! What are you doing here?"
"I came to see my daughter and my grandchild after a boring school meeting, I can't believe they made me go in on a Sunday"
"I hoped it was Bluebell"
 "Has he left you on your own again"

I sighed, Bluebell was off reporting about the bad floods in the east. I felt the tears pricking in my eyes, Mum gave a sad smile and helped me inside.

"So how long has he been gone?"

I ignored the question I looked outside at the rose bushes, I played with my hair.

"Saturn how long has he been gone?"
"A month"
"Why didn't you tell one of us we would of helped out"

The thing was I didn't want to feel like a failure by telling my family that Bluebell was gone and I wasn't coping, there were loads of single parents out there who cope. Yet I couldn't.


"You need to have a firm word with him, you have yourself, Teal and the bump to look after"

Mum Looked at Teal who was playing by our feet. Yes I was pregnant again, I got scared. What if the baby came and I was on my own in the house? What if I fall while no one is here?

"Mum do you think we rushed in to things, I mean a new house, getting married and a baby all in under a year? Maybe this is my fault for rushing"

Mum looked at me sympathetically.

"It takes two Saturn, he wanted this as much as you"

Mum left after dinner, she said she would stay if I wanted but I said I will manage. Like I always do. Teal isn't sleeping well, he never dose when his dad is away. I've read this story so many times I think I know it off by heart.

The door slammed from down stairs, I looked at the clock. I went to see Bluebell.

"Where have you been, you told be you would be back two nights ago"

I was so angry, how could he do this to Teal and I.

"I'm sorry, the plane was delayed I tried to phone"

He kept apologising and in the end I was so tied I let him off the hook, but only if he promised to go on a family outing next weekend.

I've been meaning to do this for a while all three of us, four if you included the bump, out for a morning stroll. Teal enjoyed it anyway.

"Look"

He kept pointing at random things and saying his newly learnt word, I should of been happy. I wasn't though, Bluebell had a phone call and wasn't talking to me since. I knew what was happening.

"Love...they've...well they have asked me to go report up north and..."

I sighed, I knew he would say he accepted the offer. I know I should be happy, loads of people would love to have a steady job the way things are going lately. But, I wasn't happy.

"Just me and you Teal...again"

He left early this morning, I didn't even say good bye I was so ticked off with him.

"Daddy"

Teal showed off his new word while I found him some food, I was so happy when he learnt to say 'Mummy' before 'Daddy'. That really annoyed Bluebell. After Teal was fed I dropped him off at Mum and Dad's so they could have him for a while, I was going to see my twin.

"Do you want me to have a go at him?"

I smiled at my twins way of dealing with things, she has been a real rock these last few months. I am so glad life has finally gone her way, she has a new boyfriend David and she has a good job as a fitness instructor.

"No Jupiter I'll figure something out"

I hoped.

When I came back home from Jupiter I had a new found strength, I was going to tell Bluebell how I felt. But, when I got back I heard strange noises from the kitchen. I approached the kitchen with caution,

"Hello...Who is there?"

I gasp when I saw Bluebell standing at the stove making dinner. He wasn't meant to back for another two days and yet there he was.

"Hey love we finished early, you glad to see me?"

I found myself smiling, I went to walk in the kitchen when...

The baby would have to come now wouldn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment