Friday 24 February 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter two

Flynn watched me munch on my cereal, it was defiantly off putting having him stand there staring at me. I had been here nearly a week but Flynn hasn't kicked me out yet and I wasn't ready to move on, the least I could do was pay my way. So I brought some new suits and decided to get myself to work.

"Are you sure your should go to work?"
"I live for my job Flynn, I'll be fine"

"honey how are you"

I was pulled into a hug as soon as I stepped into my office, I hugged my assistant back. Mel was not only my assistant but also my most trusted and best friend, I thought she would be angry that had not phoned or gone to her after the wedding day. But she seemed to understand what ever I did was to help myself.

I stepped into work almost naturally, my job was my life and it was a much welcomed distraction. Three meetings and staff meeting with my work force had made me feel like I had never left, I was in my comfort zone of the world of business. Mel had the coffee ready at the right time as if by magic and she didn't push for any details about my personal life.

Working on a report isn't many people's idea of fun, I usually enjoyed tapping the laptop keys and the satisfaction of finishing it but I had to admit that this report was draining me. I thought about if I wasn't at work what would I be doing, even though I was staying at Flynn's in truth I hadn't been at his flat that much. I went out as much as possible, seeing family, doing courses, social lunches with clients and doing yoga. What can I say I got it of my mum! 

"Ocean there is someone wanting to speak to you"
"Send them in then Mel"
"...I don't think it's such a good idea-"
"Mel, send. Them. In"

She mumbled something and then ushered the visitor in to my office, I typed in the last sentence and closed my laptop.

My jaw dropped as I saw who it was, it was like I had been kicked in the stomach.

"M-M-Michel what are you doing here?"
"Let time I looked are companies were doing business together"

Yeah and last time I looked you ditched me at the alter I snapped in my head, still I was professional so I will grin and bare this meeting.

"So where are our workers, swanning off and leaving work unfinished"

I fumed, mess with me but not my staff! I stomped over to him and shot him daggers,

"Listen her Michel, MY workers our taking lunch which they deserve as the are AHEAD of today's workload and unlike some people they don't leave things!"

"I think you need to leave your personal life at home Ocean, try to be professional please"

I was ready to punch him, how dare he come in here like he owns the place. He comes in my office and insults not only me but my workers, my loyal workers. Thankfully Mel came to my rescue,

"Everything alright Ms Wise-Owl?"
"Yes Mel, could you please show Mr Rich the exit" 

When I saw him leave I crumbled, fighting off tears and the unbearable need to just collapse.

"He's gone, are you ok?"

I couldn't lie to her so shook my head and told her I was going home, well to Flynn's flat, to cancel all my meetings and I would be working at the flat until further notice. She agreed and reminded me she was here if I needed her.

When I got in Flynn was playing his guitar and was so engrossed in his music that he didn't even notice me walk through, great now I was empty and invisible.

"Flynn?"
"yeah, what's up?"

The tears started falling and he dropped his guitar and rushed over to me, he lead me to the couch and I told him what happend. He dried my eyes and comforted me.

He is a nice guy and he knew exactly what to say to make me feel better...or try to feel better.

"Michel is a jerk, if I ever saw him after doing this to you I would, I would...I don't know what I do I'd be so angry. But you, your sweet and pure and you shouldn't let him destroy you babe...promise me you won't let him destroy you"

I gave a weak smile and he seemed to take that as a 'yes I promise', but I couldn't promise him that when I was already destroyed, crumbled and admiting defeat. I was already starting to think that maybe there was noway back from this, I should pack up and move on. But the truth was there was something in this little flat that kept me from leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment