Wednesday 11 April 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter eight

"Happy 6th birthday mate, sorry it's a bit late"
"Thank you Aunt Mel!"

Here I thought he had finally calmed down after his birthday last weekend and now Mel comes and gets him excited again. She was on holiday during his birthday and when she phoned me after she got back she warned me she wanted to hear every detail.

Leaving the breakfast dishes on the side Flynn and I began laughing over Avery's excitement,
"Come on then we better get it over with"

I then remembered and put my hand out to stop him from walking out,
"Wait Flynn I need to tell you something"

"What is it?"

It was as though it was that fateful day six years ago, when I first had something to tell him. That's right I'm pregnant again, at least this time I know what will happen and can be more prepared. I told him and he groaned,
"I guess we better tell Avery"

Damn!

Telling Avery felt more scary that telling Flynn,
"Listen Avery, how would you feel about becoming a big brother"?

Turns out he was really happy about the idea, when I decided to work from home instead of going to the office nearly everyday. So when I was doing online meetings or writing e-mails, Avery would keep me entertained with his make-believe games.

But he was also a bit of a trouble-maker and got more and more interested in pranks and practical jokes, which often got him into trouble with both his parents and his school. Phone calls, detentions, time-outs and behaviour sheets were used constantly. It wasn't that he was mean or cruel he just took jokes too far.

The one thing about this pregnancy that was different was that mum phoned four times a day, which was getting to be rather annoying.

"let me guess Earth again?"
"Shut up Flynn"

I understood why he got annoyed, I did as well but my mum is only calling because she cares.

It was the big game, I usually have an early night when the football is on but as the due date neared the restlessness began and it was hard for me to sleep. So I nestled close to Flynn and tried to be interested in what was going on, which was hard as I found it to be the most boring thing ever!

Then it was touchdown, Flynn jumped up and cheered and did a stupid victory dance. I jumped up to but in agony as I went into labour and Flynn's victory dance turned into a panic dance. Guess who he phone though, not a ambulance, not the emergency services. He phoned my mum, the women who he was annoyed at for phoning all the time, he phoned to help him.

So meet our daughter, Lila Wise-Owl. She looks a lot like Avery and Flynn apart from her green eyes that are defiantly mine and I take all credit for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment