Saturday 7 April 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter seven

N.B- decided to put song lyrics to the wedding pictures just because I didn't think my writing would do this moment justice. The song is Miles by CHRISTINA PERRI and a link to the song is here:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oTTooOqugk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m scared today, more than I told you I was yesterday
Give me a moment to catch my breath
And hold me every second left
 
Proud of me, that’s the only way I want you to be
Look at me and love what you see
I won’t make it alone, I need something to hold
 
Kiss me on my shoulder, and tell me it’s not over
I promise to always come home to you

Remind me that I’m older to be brave, smart, sweet, and bolder
And don’t give up on what we’re trying to do
Don’t count the miles, count the “I love you”s

We made it out, and all the other people are asking how
This doesn’t even sound like truth to grow from a bruise
But one day we will realise how hard it was, how hard we tried
And how our hearts made it out alive
 
Kiss me on my shoulder, and tell me it’s not over
I promise to always come home to you
Remind me that I’m older to be brave, smart, sweet, and bolder
And don’t give up on what we’re trying to do

Don’t count the miles, count the “I love you”s 
The alarm screamed telling me that I needed to get up, Avery thankfully went straight to sleep after the wedding. I snuggled down and forced my eyes shut even though we both knew I had to get up, Flynn mumbled and began shifting to get up. We were leaving to go to our honeymoon soon and all though we were all packed I had set the alarm earlier then needed just to be sure.

Avery would be staying at mum and dad's while we went on our honeymoon, I really didn't want to leave the little guy but I knew my parents would be just fine looking after him. Hugs, tickles, kisses and a few tears later and the suitcases and Avery were put in the car and we drove to my parents to drop my son off and then go to the airport.

The plane was delayed for so long I stopped counting, then the traffic to the hotel was massive and so by the time we got there the one thing we wanted to do was to slip in the relaxing hot tub and forget about the whole thing.
"Just think if we were at home we would be woken up right now by a screaming three year old"
"Is it wrong not to miss him?"
"I won't tell if you won't"

No comments:

Post a Comment