Friday 20 April 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter ten

The good thing about staying at my parents is they had my sketching table again, it reawakened my love for sketching and architecture. I can't believe I let this passion go, in the first few days I stayed glued to the thing producing sketch after sketch. After three days though mum decided it was time to discuss what was going on at home.

"So what do you want?"
"I want my children to stop being in trouble and to stop fighting"
"How do you think you'll do that?"
"Move out of the city I guess"
Mum nodded and then shook her head, now I was confused was this idea good or bad?

"But Ocean would you give up your job, the job you love to move out of the city you love"
"I-I guess I'll have to...wouldn't I?"
"I guess so, but what would you do instead there isn't a demand for your skills out of the city"
"I...Oh mum I don't know!"

I was now even more torn then before, of course I would leave the city and quit my job for my children's sake but what would I do instead to support them.

The next morning I began going through my E-Mails doing contacting business contacts when a message caught my eye, it was from one of my University friends. They were letting me know that a big architecture firm was expanding and was now looking to add and re-vamp buildings near and in an old farming village and how she couldn't believe they were doing it. I had to check this out and he was correct and soon an application form was on my screen. 

This could be it, my chance to get a job and be in the country away from the city. My fingers couldn't fill the form in fast enough, when I pressed send I found myself bursting with a smile. I then told my parents and said good-bye and got on the road to get home to my family. I got home and Flynn was still sleeping, I pulled him out of bed and lead him to the kitchen.

"Let me get this straight, you want to move to this little village in the middle of nowhere to get a job in architecture"
"That's right what do you think?"
"Where would we live?"

Another flaw in the plan but I looked down at the laptop and realised there was away around it.

I typed away and in a matter of seconds I had up a property that looked too good to be true, I read it over three times and then read it out loud:-
"A local farming family converted the upstairs of a barn to have more room for there children, now all but one child has moved out they are renting out the converted barn as a flat, newly updated with a kitchen and dinning area and a well-sized bathroom" 

I finished reading and Flynn got up, got dressed and began walking out the door, I stood up was he leaving me? Did he think this idea was stupid?
"Where are you going ?"
"To the real estate agents, to put this place on sale and to ask about that place"

I ran up to him and kissed him, I felt like a school child.

The children were less thrilled.
"You can't be serious, your taking us out of the city"
"Avery come on it will be fine"
Lila who sat on the top bunk now spoke up,
"What's in it for us?"
I looked up at her,
"Well you two won;t have to share a room anymore"
"Really! Did you hear that Avery?"

"Yes I heard Lila, Dad you can't take us out the city we were born and raised here it runs in are veins"
"Son we are moving so try to be happy about it"

They started arguing again, in the end Flynn walked out saying he needed to get some air. Avery shrugged and fell on to his bed, leaving me to sort things out.

Lila made her way down the steps,
"Come on Av, it might actually be ok?"
"Your sisters right you might as well give it ago, you have nothing to lose this place is already sold"
"Yeah and I need my partner in crime because I'm going brother"

No word made me happier then his next one,
"Fine"

No comments:

Post a Comment