Friday 15 July 2011

Cassiopeia Wise-Owl Chapter one

"Come on now gather round, now my best friend Pi here is getting married to his long term partner Aqua. Now as his mates I expect you to give him the best bachelor party ever and I don't want him back in our flat until at least after midnight."

"And don't get him too drunk as we all know what happened last time"
"Ok, Ok Cass I don't want to relive that"

My best friend Pi was getting married and even though I wasn't going clubbing with them I had to give him a speech. It was the least I could do.

The rest of his mates got ready to leave, cheering and jeering away ready for the night of their lives!
"Now you have a good night Pi"
"You sure you don't want to come Cass it won't be the same without you"
I gave a weak smile and nodded.

I sneaked in to my room and got changed in to PJ's. Truth was I would love to go out and celebrate with Pi, after all he was my best friend since middle school, my flatmate and the closest thing I had to a brother. But, Aqua doesn't really like the fact that we are so close and seen as she has now moved in with us and I can't afforded a place of my own, I'll have to get along with her.

I opened the sliding doors and walked out into my balcony. I sighed. Aqua and I will never be friends not matter how much I try, it wasn't meant to be. Pi thinks we actually quite close now...but we aren't. I went back inside and turned on the TV, as always I would wait up until Pi returned like he waits up until I come home.

Pi lay on my bed, it looked like he had a great time,
"So how was it?"
He went on about the night him and the boys had, the laughs, the jokes and everything I missed out on
"It was great Cass you should of come"
I sighed,
"Cass come here"

He pulled me in for a cuddle. Now maybe I should understand that if Pi and I cuddle up on the sofa and act like an old couple then of course Aqua will think we are cheating behind her back. But, we are just friends. End of.
"Do you want me to talk to Aqua?"
"No Pi, leave it things have gotten a lot better between her and me"
He nodded and quickly fell asleep.

I crept out of my bedroom and slept on the sofa, the last thing Aqua needs when she comes home from her party is to see me and her soon-to-be-husband asleep together.

Pi and I were eating breakfast and joking about when Aqua came out of the bathroom,
"What you to laughing about?"
we looked at each other,
"Nothing, Aqua"
"Right, Pi do you want a lift to work?"
Pi left his cereal, hardly touched, kissed her on the cheek and they left for work.

I made my self a drink at our bar. The biggest thing I don't like about Aqua is the way she takes pitty on me that I don't have a proper job. She works at this big frim while I do the odd bar work at the local club when there short staffed. It's always 'well I could lend you some money, I'll even not put interest on the loan', Pi says she is being nice. I don't think so.

The only advantage I have is that I can cook, Pi always comes home for lunch as the sandwiches Aqua makes for him are horrible. It gives a little smile making him lunch everyday and then him coming home and praising it.












1 comment: