Sunday 28 August 2011

Cassiopeia Wise-Owl Chapter nine

                                                            (sorry for the delay for this post)
Despite Mars' efforts for another child, I told him no. I was happy with my four and now I had a school run and toddlers to handle! Mars has been working over time so I am on my own a lot at night, which means waking up at seven was hard after a night of crying.

By some miracle I got everyone fed and dressed and at daycare and school on time. Venus got embarrassed that I kept taking pictures of her in her uniform, she looks so smart though!

I watched her go into school, I knew she would be fine. I then went home and got on with the housework that I have been neglecting for a while. I had also got a part time job at the local coffee shop and bar, so that also occupied my time.

When I got home Mars told me that Venus went straight to her room and won't come up for dinner. I went down stairs to see how she was, I could see she was crying.

"Venus, honey what's wrong?"
"I hate school I made no friends"
"Well did you talk to anyone?"
"No"

I sighed and ran a hand through her locks of peach hair, man I miss Pi. I saw him in her with whatever she did, he also found it hard to make friends.

"Tomorrow try talking to people, now come on. Let's go have some dinner and tonight I'll read you a story, you chose whatever book you want"

So after dinner I kept my word and went down to read to her.

"Are you sure you want me to read this book? I didn't read it till I was in my late teens it's a romance"
"I know Mum that's why I want you to read it, so I know how to look out for my true love!"

Well you couldn't argue with that so I turned the pages and began reading...

The twins Saturn, left, and Jupiter, right, are growing fast. They look so much alike it's hard to tell who is who, Mars and I also mix up there names. Luckily Saturn hates wearing socks, so we have started putting socks on Jupiter so we don't get them mixed up!


Skye soon had his birthday, we invited a few friends. Aqua even came! She has remarried and has now moved to Sugar Valley so we hope to see more of her, Venus liked having her here to learn more about Pi. It was a good day and we had a lot of fun.

Soon Venus had a someone going to school with her, Skye had no problem making friends and Venus also was becoming more talkative in class. While dropping the kids off I her all the other parents talk about their jobs and how much they have achieved. It makes me upset, all I had achieved was my children, I didn't do well at school or collage mostly because I hardly went and I was always drunk from the party the night before in my collage years.

So I woke up and decided I was going to achieve something, I walked up to Mars who was finishing breakfast to go to work.

"Mars I'm going back to school, I want to achieve something"

He was very supportive and it wasn't to long that I was accepted on a course.

The taxi pulled up and everyone was crying, I was crying because they were crying! I was excited though, I was going to school and I was excited, I mean me, Cass was going back to school! I bet Pi would be proud, shocked but proud.




No comments:

Post a Comment