Wednesday 10 August 2011

Cassiopeia Wise-Owl Chapter seven

"It's your due date tomorrow honey"
"Yeah...it is"

It had been a long pregnancy and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Mars couldn't wait to hold his own child, not that he didn't love Venus but well the love for your own flesh and blood is different I guess. 

I was also more nervous as I had decided to have a home birth and not go to hospital. Mars said I was crazy but I really want to give it ago, I like trying new things. It all started to dawn on me that I was going to give birth soon I was more scared now then I was with Venus.

I got up to get a glass of water and Mars held me and wrapped his arms around me.
"Hey you'll be fine if you did it once you can do it again right?"

I sighed, he was right I've done it before I can do it again. But, what if I lose the baby? What if my behaviour at the start of the pregnancy has hurt the baby? This was my first baby with my husband and what if I have hurt it some way?

Tomorrow came quickly, butterflies flew in my stomach and I got a shivers up my spine. I realised that I wasn't scared but excited and impatient. I got up and had a good, long shower I would of killed for a bubble bath but we only have a shower.

I couldn't wait to stop waddling around in trainers and to finally put on my heels, I love my heels. My heels aren't little, small heels there HEELS big, scary high heels. I know that people say they are bad for me but I just love them!

I did the washing up and while I did I remembered Venus' birth and practised my breathing for the birth. While I finished the last plate I got funny little pains in my stomach, I reached for my phone and called my midwife to come over.

"Hello Cass, how are you, is the baby willing to come out now?"
"Yes, I think so thank you for coming"
"Not at all, home births can be a bit strange at first but hopefully being in your home will make you more relaxed and less stressed"

I let the midwife inside and not I moment to soon my contractions started and I doubled over in pain. I went to the bedroom and started labour.

Mars was a bit out of his comfort zone. He said he would stay but then he turned green and I told him to wait outside. He agreed and left and knowing him covered his ears from my screaming.

When I gave birth I wrapped my little baby up and walked outside, Mars was lying on the sofa.
"Mars, meet our little lad"
"What are you going to call him?"
"I don't know can we talk about it tomorrow I am super tired"

I left the baby to be smothered with love by his Daddy and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep. Giving birth was exhausting!

When I woke up Mars called me over for a cuddle, I was wide awake now.
"Cass how about we call him Skye?"
"I would love that"

No comments:

Post a Comment