Saturday 19 November 2011

Saturn Wise-Owl Chapter ten

Earth was a wonderful toddler, always smiling and laughing. I forgotten how nice it is to have a toddler around, the house was more fun and more energetic. I still had a nagging feeling that something bad would happen...It grew worse as Earth aged into a child.

It was a sunny Saturday, Navy was at a birthday party and Teal was playing football with Bluebell. I decided to tidy round the house, I dusted and cleaned until the house sparkled. I got the washing out and was about to put it in the dryer,

"What do you think your doing!"

I dropped the washing and turned to see Earth, a scowl formed on her forehead.

"Earth you scared me, I'm only putting the washing in the dryer"
"Oh so your happy to kill me?"

I became confused,
"How will it kill you?"

She sighed and argued,
"Using a dryer instead of hanging them outside means wasting energy, our energy comes from fossil fuel and produces carbon dioxide which contributes to Global Warming and Global Warming is killing the Earth. My name is Earth so you are killing me!"


I was proud that she felt strongly for something and wanted to stop Global Warming but I didn't see how she could get so angry about it.

"Ok, ok calm down. I'll find a clothes line and hang it up outside"

She finally calmed down and I had to rake through cupboards looking for a clothes line, I eventually found one underneath the sink.

So I set up the line and hung the washing, Earth even watched to make sure I did it right. I don't know how you can get it wrong but I went along with it, she seemed happy after and went off to her bedroom. I hoped that would be it, she would let this save the world thing go...

A phone call from school told me that wasn't it.

Earth had started a fight with another girl and now Earth was suspended for a month. I told her that she should not of done that but she wasn't listening.

"She called me a tree hugger and I said what is wrong with that and then she made me mad"
"Honey you can't fight people, not with violence anyway"
"Then she said I was stupid because I was a Berry"

I couldn't belive that, I though people now accepted Berries. I guess not. I phoned the school and told them they had a serious promblem with accepting diffrent races, I never got teased for being part Berry so I don't see why my kids should be teased for being a full Berry.

Teal and Navy didn't appear to have any promblems at school. If they did they didn't show it, they were both popular and were always round other people's houses. I feared the time they would be teenagers, when your a teenager dfiffrences aren't as accepted...I knew that soon they would be teenagers though.

"Saturn, you know you love me right?"

I wondered what he wanted, the last time I heard him say that was when we left for five days to report on something. I became worried, sure it was a long time since he left for work and he seemed happy just working for the local paper but...

"What do you want?"

"The TV reporter covering the Movie Awards Night has gone into labour and the network asked me to cover for her, I told them I'll be there. I'll only be gone for three maybe four days so don't-"

"How could you!"

I exploded, a parted of me said 'I told you so' and the rest of me felt hurt of betrayed. He promised he wouldn't do this again and at least without asking me frist. Now he was just assumed I would be ok with things, well I'm not ok with this. We argued for ages untill we just walked off.

"I'm going to stay at my mum's tonight"

"Good because I don't want you in the house tonight!"

The door slammed and I felt hot tears forming, was part of me glad that he was finally gone? I sighed not knowing what I was going to do, or tell the kids.

"Mum?"

Teal and Navy stood there, they must of heard us arguing.

"We heard you arguing with dad"

Yeah they did, I sighed again. They were going to find out anyway,

"Yeah your dad was gone to stay at Grandma Sigh's, I hope you didn't wake up Earth?"

Teal looked really mad,
"He's left us again!"

Navy looked upset, as if her whole world and crashed,
"Don't worry Earth is still aleep"

As soon as Navy said that a sleepy Earth walked down stairs.

"What's going on?"

I gave a small smile and lead them all in the kitchen and made hot chocolate. I suddenly felt like a single parent again...it didn't seem as bad as it did before. The phone rang and I went in the study to pick it up.

"Hello, Saturn Wise-Owl here"
"Mrs Wise-Owl, are you the wife of Bluebell?...I think you need to sit down"
"Excuse me? Yes I am? Who is this?"
"I'm Sargent Pepper and I am calling to inmform you that there has been a accident..."

I just couldn't handle that information, what was I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment