Tuesday 29 November 2011

Saturn Wise-Owl Chapter twelve

Instantly Robbie and I became good friends, I no longer cried and stayed on the sofa. I got dressed, made breakfast, took my kids to school and even went back to work. He told me how his wife, Mandy, had died in an accident when she fell down some stairs at work. We helped each other mend the cracks, in ourselves and in our family.

He even gave me the courage to tell Jupiter to go home and be back with David, I finally had independence. It wasn't just the support though, Robbie was brilliant at making me laugh, helping with homework and we had a lot in common. He seemed to always come around, morning, noon and night. If he could come round we would be on the phone for hours on end.

I guess it didn't surprise anyone when we started dating. This relationship was completely different to my relationship with Bluebell, it was all new and exciting. We made sure we took things slow, we didn't want our children to be messed around. But you can only go slow for so long...

So he and his teenagers moved in, Robbie said that they look a lot like their mother. Rick is his son and Molly is his daughter. They both settled in quiet well I think, I was a but worried about Rick sharing a room with Teal but they have seemed to patch things up. It was strange having a full house though, there never seems to be any space now!

Molly was warmly welcomed, just like her dad she was funny and well liked. As she was the same age as Navy those two became joined at the hip, they were like best friends. Soon Navy wanted to Molly to sleep in the bunk bed with her and so Earth had the new bed, thankfully Earth didn't mind as long as she chose the bedsheets.

 
It was a family meeting and the news we just shared had stunned the teens into silence, which was worrying as they are never quiet! They looked at each other as they realised that the people next to them weren't just room-mates but were soon to be...Step-bothers and sisters. Robbie asked me to marry him and I said yes.

I felt Robbie shift uncomfortably beside me as our children said nothing, I knew how he was feeling not knowing what they were thinking was unnerving.

"So what do you think?"

They mummbled their approval and then made there way out of the dinning room and went on with their everyday lives.

I was on cloud nine! I couldn't belive how well my life has turned around, after all the hardship that I've gone through it's nice to have something good now. I felt so happy and safe when I'm with Robbie, nothing at all could ruin this feeling of bliss I get when I'm in his arms.

I ran straight over to my parent's flat to tell them, I had to tell Neptune too aswell seen as he still lives with them. Dad made me stay and approve his suite to see if it still looked alright from the last family wedding, I have I said how much I love my dad because I seriously do.

No matter how safe I felt with Robbie I was still nervous about sleeping with him, I've only ever been with Bluebell. It was like the last thing we shared together was going to get scrubbed away, I knew though that eventually I would have to cross that bridge.

So as he kissed me I had to ask the question,
"Do you still think about Mandy?"
"Everyday"

I like to wake up early and watch him sleep, I guess that is kind of creepy but in the early morning light everything looks so pure and innocent. In the haven of this house things look so safe and secure and I wouldn't never want to leave this for anything.

Sometimes I liked to go to the special place that Jupiter, Bluebell and I went to and shared our secrets, hopes and dreams. I like to think that Bluebell knows that I loved him and that somewhere he is watching our children grow up and he is proud of them and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment