Monday 26 December 2011

Earth Wise-Owl Chapter three

I woke up at the same time as Robbie's alarm, 5am on the dot. His routine was to shower, dress and to be out the house as quick as possible, mum's routine was to go downstairs still in her nightwear and try and make waffles and my routine was just to grab some cereal and eat alone.

"Did you have a nice time last night?" 

Thoughts of last night came back to me and remembered the kiss, I kept a secretive smile on my lips and nodded as I left my bowl on the side before running to get showered and dressed.

"Oh you might want to look at the paper there is a story that my interest you, Earth"

I read through the paper, nothing was interesting just the normal football scores and the births, deaths and marriages. Then my eyes grew wide as I saw the story mum was on about, I read it over and over. I looked at mum in horror.

"I know dear, I remember camping in that woods as a teenager. I can't believe they are cutting it down!" 

I ran to the study and jumped on the computer, logging on to the fourms that I had joined that were filled with people who love the earth and want to keep it safe and secure. By midday are plan was made and we all had a duty to protect that wood, even Ego said he would come and bring people that support the cause as well.

Tents lined up around the City Hall, protesting on the largest scale I've ever been involved with. I was so proud of every single person who had set up their tents and was now involved in the war against cutting down the wood.

Of course, like all my protests I have been in big or small this policeman seems to show up, I knew what he would say and he said it.

"Earth Wise-Owl your mother is worried sick, get in the car I'll take you home"

I'm too young to protest apparently, the other protesters will be told to leave soon as well according to the policeman. Did he understand what we was trying to do? Did he realise that cutting down trees was wrong? Or was he just sitting on the fence, not having a opinion and just doing his job.

I looked at Ego through the bars, his mother and farther was worried sick about him too. I was use to being driven home in policeman's cars, but was he? Have I now got him into huge trouble?

"I'm sorry about this Ego"
"It's ok Earth, at least we tried"

"So Earth, how's school?"

Weird question I would of thought if this was my first time getting sent home by police, but seen as it isn't and I now know most of the policemen on night shifts personally, this question and answer bit is normal. I'm just glad Robbie doesn't work night shifts, it would be weird having your Step-dad drive you home in a police car.

"Earth how dare you go out with out permission to protest! I am at my wits end with you"

"At least I have a passion!"

This was are usual argument, soon she will say that we'll deal with this in the morning and send me to bed. By the next morning she will have forgotten about it.

"Do you know that your failing school! That's right Earth I've just had to have a meeting with your headmaster because your failing school and ruining you life! I know that this is important to you but seriously, it's all you think about, school is important Earth I will not have you failing"

I was shocked. Failing? No way, surly I got some bad grades a few D's and maybe once in a while an F but how could I be failing? I suddenly saw that mum was right, I did need to get my school work back on track.

"Ok mum, I'm sorry"

She still grounded me though...for three months!

At least she was kind enough to let Ego come round for one last day before my punishment began. It would be hard not seeing him except for school, even at school I wouldn't see him much because I would be studying and getting tutored in every possible moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment