Thursday 22 December 2011

Earth Wise-Owl Chapter two

Honestly, I don't see what the school's problem is! I wasn't the only one who didn't want to cut up a pig's heart in biology and yet I'm the only one who got sent out and told to go outside. Which wasn't very clever of them as if I was less obedient I could just run off, to make matters worse they want me to remove my hat! As if I'm going to do that! I only get rid of my hat if I want to.

"What you doing out here?"

I looked up and Ego was there, I felt my heart beat faster and a smile grew on my face.

"I got sent out, why are you here?"
"I had a tour round the school I join tomorrow"

He came and sat next to me, I was so happy we would be coming to my school. Now my older siblings have left I'm all on my own at school.

I told him why I got sent out and he agreed that they were in the wrong, he said if I didn't want to cut it up I should be allowed to not do it. He also said there was noway he was removing his hat...not for them anyway.

"...And it's prom tonight and I'm the only one without a date so everyone has gone all childish and are laughing at me. It's just not fair!"

He came close to me and I honestly thought he was going to kiss me! What are you meant to do? What if I do it wrong? What if I'm not a good kisser? Should I close my eyes or leave them open? I leaned in.

"If you want Earth...I could be your date?"

We all waited for the school doors to open, I was quite surprised when I saw that most people weren't in dresses and suits but casual clothes. I looked around for Ego, he still wasn't here but luckily the school was running late. People still looked at me and giggled and said fake words of sympathy. Wait until they see Ego.

"Hey Earth you look really nice"

If it wasn't for the cold night I knew I would be blushing very badly, he looked so handsome in his suit and his beenie hat seemed to go really well with it.

"Thanks, so do you"

He took my hands and I felt like I was flying. The doors opened and we went inside, it looked ok I guess the theme was corny 'A Night of Romance' yuck! After a while slow songs piled up and I'm sorry but the whole romantic slow dance and the spotlight is way to corny for me. I looked at Ego and I knew he felt the same.

"Let's go"

It was around 10pm and the cold wind was picking up and even going through my jumper, I realised if I went home this early mum would think something was wrong.

"I can't go home yet"

Ego smiled,
"Follow me"

He took me to a little cove on the beach. I knew all about the importance of beaches in my family, Grandma Cass and Mum all had a special moment on a beech. I prayed I had a special moment in this little cove tonight. We sat together in scilence lettign the salty spray and the wind fill of heads with dreams and we looked out into the horizon.

"You know Earth, I really like it here"
"Good, I'm glad you moved here"

His hand fell on to mine and sent shivers through me.

Then we began talking about everything. I told him about my Dad getting killed in a car crash when I was young, my mum living on the sofa, my mum then meeting Robbie and how unnaturally quiet the house was without four siblings. He told me about how his mum and dad travel up and down the country, leaving quickly without a reason as they moved to where they found work.

Looking at Ego I found myself knowing that I had deep feelings for him and the chance he might leave without me knowing made me very affraid, there was no possibility that I didn't have crush one him. I came to think could I...love him?

"Ego..."
"Yeah?"
"Dosen't matter"

I kicked myself for not having the guts to tell him, I turned away. We pulled away from each other and stood up, brushing the sand off our clothes. He looked at me for a while and then pulled me close.

I don't care if I am good at kissing or not or if I did it right, that moment was amazing and I loved every minute and every brush of his lips. He was so warm dispite the cold wind and spray, his lips soft yet frim and the kiss was passionate. I felt like crying, laughing and cheering all at once.

At 3am I creeped back to my bedroom, the bedroom I did share with Molly and Teal but they are gone now and my bedroom is very lonely. But, tonight I didn't stay awake for ages alone and missing my sister and step-sister. Tonight I fell straight asleepm, smile on my mouth and dreaming of Ego and the kiss...

No comments:

Post a Comment