Thursday 26 January 2012

Earth Wise-Owl Chapter eight

"Ok I understand you want simple but no bridesmaids? Seriously! You've gone and killed my dreams, Earth!"

I laughed at my half-sister's rant as I got changed in the small beach cafe's toilet, not the most glamorous place but it's the closest place to get changed from the beach.

"Come on Earth hurry up!"

I laughed and walked out of the toilet, I looked at Rio's reflection in the mirror.

"Oh my gosh! Sister you look amazing"

Yeah my wedding dress wasn't much but I did want it simple, so a white sun dress, Grandma Cass' necklace and some white hoop earrings was all I needed.

"You sure I look ok?"
"Are you kidding you look gorgeous"

I smiled at her compliments, I did feel bad that she wouldn't be bridesmaid but I wanted simple and minimalist. The door behind swung open and Mum, the chief organiser, came in.

"Come on girls it's nearly showtime"

She gasped and took me in her arms, I felt tears dropping on my shoulder.

"Oh Earth you look beautiful, I'm so, so proud of you and your farther is too"
"Thanks mum"

This was it, the last hug as a girl as soon I would be a wife someone who had their own house to run and could no longer run to mother. Not that I would go to her anyway.

Of course the wedding had to be on the beach, I love the beach! Also Robbie had to give me away, my own farther is dead and even though mum and Grandad Mars offered I said no. Robbie and I have got very close ever since that talk of his, he really is the best Step-Dad.

I looked down the sandy walk way and saw Ego, getting him to wear a suite was a nightmare. Mum tried and failed to get him to take off the hat, but I am so glad he didn't. That hat is a part of him, and I love every part of him...hat included in the package.

"Are you ready?"

I looked at Robbie and nodded, of course I was this was perfect and I couldn't stop it now. Could I? No I wasn't going to allow myself to think like that, I was getting married today. Mum was saying good luck and well done and I gave a small smile as I past her, it wasn't luck though it was fate.

I arrived next to Ego and Robbie went to sit next to Mum, the sun was setting fats and soon the stars would be attending the wedding just as planned. I watched as Mum and Robbie held each other and looked so in love and yet their eyes were watching me, they looked proud. Finally I wasn't doing something that mum would punish me for!

Just Ego and I. Earth and Ego, Ego and Earth. Just the two of us, who else did we need. I once thought there is no way you can find your true love as a teenager, I mean Mum thought she did and then he upset her by coming in and out and finally getting killed. But, Ego and I was different he saw deep into me.

The ocean married the shore and I married Ego. I felt protected by the salty breeze and the waves lapping at my feet, it was as though no one else was watching apart from the earth it self. I knew I should of been shivering as the cold night drew in but I could of cared less about the cold, I was completely happy!

Holding each other as Man and Wife as Ego smiled and I smiled back.

"I do"
"I do too"

As the audience clapped, whistled and cheered I was brought back to reality and I realised that in fact everyone had been watching that precious moment. 

Still the guest soon left for the after party, but we stayed. No our wedding night wasn't going to be the normal, we would wake up entwined with one another after sleeping together as husband and wife. We were going to lay on the beach and watch the stars, like we have done a thousand times.

The benches were empty and we were all that remained of the wedding. As the it came closer to morning, I still wasn't sleepy and neither was Ego. We just whispered 'I love you' until the sun raised over the beach that was so special to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment