Friday 27 January 2012

Earth Wise-Owl Chapter nine

Soon though I wasn't the only married sibling, Molly came back from her job as a War photographer and was going on tour with her photos and canvases. Todd here, he went to one of her exhibits as he had heard about her work through friends at art school. Yes he is a bit...strange. I mean look at that suit with all it's colour! It had to be custom made to get all the colours he wanted, he even dyed his hair blue for the wedding.

He was a nice guy though and the way he looked at Molly was the same way Ego looked at me. They had the wedding at the Urban Art Centre that Todd recently opened, it's a pretty cool place where anyone can come to do art. Molly has got a new collection of photos based on urban styles now and Todd is working on a new collection of paintings.

Next was Navy, little miss 'oh I'll never get married' and 'I can't date I'm married to my job' actually took the plunge and married Will. Navy said that her crush on Will was nothing me than that, she also said she felt it was unprofessional to have a crush on your boss and hated herself for weeks.

But, now there married just a month after Molly. Mum is loving it, she really loves weddings and Navy must have caught the bug as she is thinking of quitting marketing and becoming a wedding planner! Will said he doesn't wanted to get rid of his faverouite employee but he will surrport her.

This sounds mean, but I was glad that Teal was having problem with his love life. Everyone was getting married at the moment and it was nice to see that someone wasn't. His latest girlfriend we all though it would work...but then we get a call that they have broken up. Mum said he is too fussy, I just hope she doesn't start setting him up with dates.

Then he started going out with Flo, she is really nice and she is the best at computers. She once told me she could hack into anything, companies from all over the globe contact her for help. Then we got the call that she was pregnate, Teal is the happiest person I could of ever of met. Maybe Flo is finaly the one.

We had a baby shower with the whole family, and I mean the whole family! All this talk of babies and marriage got to me, esspecialy when they all turned to me and asked the dreaded question on when I would have a baby. I had to get out there, Rick joined me.

"You ok Earth? Don't listen to them ok? Next they'll be telling me to settle down, as if! Rio will be married before me"

I gave a weak smile, Rick was well known as a bit of a player. He was a love them and leave them kind of guy, a diffrent girl every other night. He said he is young still, well so am I and yet there practically forcing me to have kids!

"So you want kids?"

I sighed as I waited for our ice-creams, we had just gone on a evening stroll and the truck happened to stop by just when I had a craving.

"I'm not saying that Ego, I'm saying there all telling me to have kids"
"So?"

I sighed heavily again as I passed him his ice-cream while the driver finshed making mine, why couldn't Ego understand?

"Ego kids are a big step, I'm just saying we are going to have to think about it"

"Yeah...sure"

I got a bit angry and just munched on my ice-cream.

Soon though, as Flo got in her last timester, it was baby boom! Both Molly and Navy were expecting and around the same time too, I personally think they planned it like that. Mum and Robbie went into Grandparent mode, thrilled by the idea of soon having three grandchildren.

I listened to them all get excited over it in the living room when I came over to vist, I suddenly felt a strange longing. I put my hands on my stomache and looked down, did I want children? Was I ready? I knew that I was going to have to think about this, and think hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment