Tuesday 3 January 2012

Earth Wise-Owl Chapter five

Graduation came and went, I couldn't wait to start my life without any limits. Now mum and Robbie couldn't tell me I couldn't protest or I couldn't go out. I had everything sorted, I was going to save the world and the animals. Now my options was opening up and I could do anything, it was amazing!

The beach is still my favourite place, in fact the day I turned eighteen I moved out and set up my tent on the beach. Just the beach, Bella and me, roughing it on the sandy shore. I can't think of anything better, it's pure bliss.

"It's just you and me, Bella"

Ok so maybe I did crave human interaction sometimes and got a little lonely. But, there was no way I was going to be the first out of my siblings to admit defeat and go home to mum! I wouldn't go to Rick, he is way too annoying, Navy was climbing the ladder of success and Molly was still doing her two years as a war photographer.

That left only one sibling that wasn't still attached to home left, Teal. His house was near the cliffs looking down onto the ocean, it's the second best place to feel the ocean's spray apart from being on the beach. This place was home away from home, I would cry if he moved.

Teal had a way of of making me smile, he really was the best brother. He was the only one of us I think that made a point of going home at least once a week to visit Mum, Robbie and Rio, so I made sure to ask about his visits.

"So Teal, hows everyone at home?"

He fidgeted, oh no what now? I bet mum told him to tell me something, I sighed and waited for him to tell me what it was.

"Earth...Mum told me to tell you that...she's set you up with this guy, Ned"

I looked at the floor, I knew it. I knew it would be something like that. I'm the only one without a boyfriend, girlfriend or anything, so mum thinks she has to set me up with people she meets.

"When is the date?"
"Tonight"

Rio was nice enough to walk with me to the restaurant, now she was older her scars have faded a lot and the ones that haven't she covers with make-up. She is so happy she can now show her arms she where's sleeveless tops and jumpers even on the coldest of days.

"You'll be fine Earth"
"I just wish Mum would stop setting me up"

A car pulled up next to us, I then remember that Rio was sleeping over at a friends and had asked to be picked up here. She really was quite nice.

"Well here is my ride, have fun sis"
"I doubt that I will but thanks"

As I expected I was bored. The food was nice, the staff friendly and Ned seemed ok, still I was bored. The conversation was mostly about him and his work, he sells houses. It wasn't awkward and weird like some of the dates mum has set up for me before thankfully.

He was nice enough, handsome and he knew what he wanted in life but...something was missing. After the waiters cleared are main courses I had a light bulb moment and I realised why these dates didn't work. They weren't Ego!

We stood up to go and I knew what he was going to say, he was going to say 'we should do this again'. Thankfully I saw Aunt Jupiter and ran to her, she smiled at be brightly.

"Earth, what's up"

I put my head to her ear and told her what was annoying me, if anyone could talk and sort out mum it would be her twin. I like Aunt Jupiter she didn't muck about she was too the point.

"Mum keeps setting up these dates, it's driving me nuts"

Aunt Jupiter looked at me like she completely understood and knew why it would drive me crazy, she nodded and looked up to the sky.

"Leave it with me, I'll sort my twin out"

One problem solved, now I need to find Ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment