Saturday 14 January 2012

Earth Wise-Owl Chapter seven

After the engagement we got really into the conservation of birds, they really are the most amazing things and watching them fly is breath taking. While researching their natural habitats we also fell in love with the idea of travelling, so we book the tickets and headed of on numerous adventures.

The latest holiday we went island hopping around pacific, I highly recommend it to anyone. It was one of the best three months I ever had, the night sky was so clear the ocean was so pure. It was also one of the only times Ego agreed to lose his hat and also one of the only times that mum didn't phone me everyday to make sure I'm ok.

Ego couldn't believe I didn't know how to fish, so he took it on as a personal mission to make sure I mastered the skill of fishing. I wasn't to comfortable with killing the fish we caught so most of my fish were thrown back into the water, Ego had no problem with it and so we had fish quiet a lot for dinner.

"These are really good photos darling"

We had just had the photos developed from the trip and had brought the album round for mum to see, unfortunately Robbie was visiting Molly so wasn't here to see the photos. Rio asked question after question about our trips.

"So what's been your favourite trip so far?" 

We looked at each, their was so many good memories. It was hard to chose which one we preferred.

"Well Australia was fun wasn't it Earth?"

I smiled as I remember our trip to Australia last year, we camped in the outback and slept under the stars.

"Australia was very fun"

I knew what her next question would be, she had been asking this question every time we came over lately.

"So when you finally getting married? You know I'm dying to be a bridesmaid"

"Rio, you just can't rush into a marriage"

Rio had a point, it had been four years since we got engaged. Maybe it was time to finally get married, but I don't know it felt strange whenever people asked about the wedding.

I stood up and without even thinking words spilled out of my mouth before I called stop them,

"by the end of the month we will set a date"

As soon as I said it, I regretted it. Why, why, why did I just do that?

"Bella I just don't want to get married"

There was something in the word, wedding and marriage that made my stomach tighten and my throat go dry. Maybe I didn't want the commitment, maybe I didn't love Ego as much I thought. But, then why did I say 'yes' in the first place.

"Hey Earth, your mum said that you are setting a date for the wedding"

Robbie and I had never been close, he was my mum's husband and that was it. But, then for some reason part of me wanted to confine in him. So I told him everything about what I felt and I actually felt better.  

"Whoa hon, calm down. If you don't feel comfortable with getting married now then don't worry about it, Ego will wait forever if he loves you enough. Also don't let Rio pressure you into doing something you don't want"

Listening to Robbie I had a new respect for him, he was the closet thing I had to a dad now and I really should of let him in more. I realise that now and I feel bad for letting it go so long without accepting that.

I looked up at him, I knew that I had a lot of soul searching to do. I had to decided if I'm getting married or not so no one got hurt, I also had to do what is best for me.

"Thanks Robbie"

Now I had to start thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment