Friday 6 January 2012

Earth Wise-Owl Chapter six

The library became my home, I was here almost all day looking and searching for Ego. I trailed through social network sites, forums, high school records and other pages, still no joy. Every key word I called think of had been typed into every search engine possible, I was determined.

It was strange to be passionate about something other than saving the world, I had never wanted anything else and now I did. I didn't care much for my family, they never agreed or understood me, nor did I care for academics and knowledge. Ego, the world and I were a group with no other members.
  
When the Internet showed no light I began on the books, written accounts of anything to shed some light. High school year books, city hall records and the contract for his parents rent on their old house. Nothing seemed to help though, no sign that pointed me in the right direction. After what seemed like a lifetime I knew I needed help.

"I just don't know what to do mum"

I carefully washed the stuff from dinner, my eyes watching the bubbles move, pop and grow. Mum had listened to my problem better than I though she would and I could hear her thinking about the answer. I knew she wouldn't be able to think of anything though.

"You know what sometimes when I need to think, I go see your dad"

So I did. I haven't been to dad's grave since the funeral, Navy went regularly week after week I knew and Teal also made a point of going at least once a month. I never saw a need to go, I thought it was morbid to visit graves and we needed to move on. Then again I did know dad the least... I didn't know what to do though! Do I talk to a lump of stone, just stand still or cry?

Feeling like an idiot, I just turned around and began to walk across the bridge. I had no answers, felt no closer to the answers and dad's grave didn't help me at all. Why had I listened to mum, as long as I can remember we have been different to each other, what helped her didn't help me and what she thought was right I thought was wrong.

I stopped dead in my tracks. A figure stood at the other end of the bridge, he looked like Ego. Same green hair, gray hat and my heart quickened, it can't be him though my head said. Still the figure smiled and I felt my self smile too, then we both ran. We ran to each other arms opened wide.

Embracing each other in the middle of the bridge, kissing and holding each other and never wanting to let go. Smiling, crying and laughing as emotions mixed in together, it was Ego. My Ego was here, here with me. Maybe dad had helped.

Looking into each others eyes, both of us still not believing that we had found one another. His eyes were still the most amazing shade of green, his hands still felt right around my waist. 

"I've been looking for you"
"I came searching for you"

Then in a blur he was suddenly on one knee, ring box opened and saying those immortal words that change everything.
"Will you marry me"

His eyes said more, his eyes said that he had a whole speech prepared to show his love and win my heart. But, we both knew that it wasn't needed.

Looking from my ring finger, to his face filled with happiness. There was a lump in my thought and happy tears tried hard to escape and choked me. I tried to speak but couldn't, hoping my reactions showed my answer. Eventually though I was able to say,

"Yes"

Holding each other once more, hands clinging on so we never let go again. I buried my face in his neck and shoulder, he kissed my hair. He smelt so nice, warm and safe. It was like hugging a big blanket on a cold day.

"I'll find you again and again Earth, again and again"

My hand on his hand, holding and fingers entwined. Sand in my toes as we kissed and caught up with what we missed from each others lives on the beach. This is how it was meant to be, I only hope Bella likes him and excepts him in my life.

Sitting in the sunset, roasting marshmallows and laughing. That's sounds like the life for me, my way of life will no longer be lonely as I rough it on the sand. We weren't, well I hope we aren't, a mushy and lovey dovey couple...but we are still very much in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment