Saturday 18 February 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter one

"Ocean? Are you ok?"

I felt like an idiot standing on the pier, my hair becoming loose and falling in my face and the guests gossipping with there hurtful comments. I wanted to run, run as fast as I can but I was rooted to the spot, my feet wouldn't let me leave the place he left me. I watched the waves roll in and out, mum always found the sea calming but they weren't helping me.

"Why Flynn, why did have to do this to me?"

I finally found my voice, it was croaky and quiet hurt was in every sound I made.

"I...I don't know"

I didn't know either, I made him happy didn't I? We laughed, we smiled, we loved one another and yet...

"Do you want to see you parents-"
"No"

I cut off Flynn and carried on staring out bellow at the sea, Flynn made the awkward explanation to my parents, that he only met today, that their only daughter dose not want their comfort. Mum was crying, worried and still trying to be strong, dad would take her home and they would talk about how horrible this day was.

It's my wedding day, well it's meant to be. My groom decided that we shouldn't get married and so he left me, left me here to tell the guests the news and to feel like rubbish. I hate him. I was the most important, youngest, richest berry female or male to be in the business world, I came in the company three years ago and was already the head of my area and was set to be the successor of the company when my boss retired. Now I don't feel like I deserve all of that.

I realised something at it made me sick, I put my hands up in defeat and groaned, Flynn put a hand on my waist in comfort and it was a relief to know I had someone.

"I can't go back to our flat, no way am I going home to my parents and there questions and I have to work with him! Oh Flynn what am I going to do?"

The tears filled my eyes and I let out a sob despite how hard I tried not to.

"You can stay with me"

So we got in a taxi to go to the city and Flynn's flat. Flynn and I are not friends, we only met last month when Michel, the guy who ditched me at the alter, announced this was his best man. They were best friends in university but Michel disapproved of his friends choices, the way he talked about Flynn made me not like him and yet here he is helping me. Michel told me Flynn made bad investments, didn't work and spent all day playing his guitar, I wondered even then if they were really friends.

We reached Flynn's studio in the heart of the city, I sat down and kicked off my shoes. As I looked around the place I noticed just the one bed, I scowled was this his way of trying to get me to sleep with him! He saw my face and gave a small smile,

"I'll sleep on the sofa and I'll give you an shirt to sleep in"

He went to the closet and threw me on of his white shirts and pointed to the bathroom.

The 'old' shirt was actually crisp, new and had never been worn, from Michel's description I would never imagine Flynn to own a shirt like this. I let down my hair and washed my face with the cold water, I had finally stopped wanting to cry but I was still shaking from today's events. Even though there was still two hours until the sun set all I wanted to do was to go to sleep.

Flynn must of also just wanted to sleep as true to his word he was asleep on the sofa when I came out of the bathroom, I didn't know how I would thank him for his kindness. I crawled on to the bed and before I could even get under the covers I was asleep. As I dreamt I had flash backs of the day...

Standing on the pier my smile fading fast as Michel explained that he couldn't go though with the wedding, the guests nervously whispering seeing that something was very wrong with this wedding scene. I always thought stuff like this happened only on TV and in films and yet here I was being told on the day of the wedding that there will be no wedding.

Michel walked calmly past the guests as if he did this everyday, at the time I was just watching him and the floor but in this dream state I remember Flynn. Flynn looked so angry like he could kill Michel if he had the chance, he was muttering something as well he words unclear but his voice was livid. Why didn't I see that before?

When I woke up I sneaked into my parent's house to grab some clothes and my glasses as my contact lenses were at Michel's flat, so for the first time since I was a teenager I wore my glasses. I came back to find Flynn awake and watching TV and I went to sit next to him just as a programme about weddings came on.

"Great, more weddings"
"Sorry I'll change the channel"

"You know I never thought Michel could do something like that, we've been friends for a long time and yeah sometimes he dose things that I find wrong but never in a million years would I guess he would do that. Just you wait until I see him"

I looked at Flynn and gave a small smile,

"Thanks your a good friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment